Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should I install Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Should I install Linux?

My experience is similar to Mark's. Started with 7.10 and havent looked back on my spare system. I still run Windows on my main for a few day to day softwares. Use what you are comfortable with.
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Dear,
    In fact there are 2 flavours of Ubuntu you can try, since (and I did test and try) there is fairly no difference in resource usage between these two.
    It is like mentioned several times within the answers Lubuntu (= Ubuntu with LXDE desktop environment) OR Xubuntu (Ubuntu with XFCE desktop environment).
    I personally prefer the XFCE version (so Xubuntu) since it is very customizable ...
    With all the customizations I did made, it only uses 354Mb of RAM (fully workable) !
    Hereby an example of my Xubuntu 17.10 version
    Regards, JP
    Screenshot_2017-10-29_12-03-18.jpg

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Alright, I am running Xbunutu on this laptop that I have gotten through the mail. I like it so far no problems or lag!
    Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.”

Beans

Definitely would be better off with a lightweight Linux distro.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234